Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bacon Cheeseburger at Taylor's Refresher, San Francisco CA




Yesterday, I tried Taylor's in San Francisco. I do my daily commuting to San Francisco with a ferry and Taylor's is conviniently located in San Francisco ferry building. I was with my bike and decided to use their take away counter which is located in the corrider behind the restaurant. I heard from another burger fan, Joel, that there's usually shorter lines than on the restaurant side. That's good to know.

Ferry building location was opened in 2004 and it has gained a huge success as a lunch spot. Financial disctrict is just across the street so the place is packed with suits and tourists.

After my last week visit to their original location in St. Helen I've wanted to give them another try. I ordered a medium rare Bacon Cheeseburger to go, waited for 10 mins, picked my burger and moved to my ferry. I dropped my bike to lower level and went up on the deck and enjoyed my burger out in the sunshine.

As before, burger was built in a golden-yellow egg bun, this time with crispy bacon, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles and secret sauce. Taylor's did it - This was definetly one of the best burgers I have tasted. This time there wasn't too much their secret sauce, patty was perfect and everything was in great balance from crispy bacon to tasty egg bun.

I've heard and read rumours about their quality issues during lunch hours. From this experience, try to avoid lunch hours and make your visit to Taylor's later in the afternoon when there's no huge lines and you'll hopefully get their best effort. Recommended.

--
Taylor's Automatic Refresher
1 Ferry Building
San Francisco, CA 94105
+1-866-328-3663
www.taylorsrefresher.com


Larger Map | Street View